We’ve been making the most of the sunshine and spending most of our days out in the garden this week. My home office at the moment is sitting at our garden table with my laptop, watching Sophie and Thomas playing together in the tuff tray. It seems to be working well on the whole!
The tuff tray has really come into its own over the past few months. It’s set up in the garden most days now, mostly with small world toys, but it’s also great for water play or for filling with sand. One morning, I filled it with Duplo bricks and we had a mini brick pit. It’s been a good way of rotating the toys that the children play with and they’ve had great fun playing out in the garden together.
Things that have made me smile this week
- Watching Thomas and Sophie play with Thomas’s new AquaPlay LockBox.
- Sitting in the paddling pool with Thomas and Sophie.
- Watching lots of members of the Girls’ and Boys’ Brigade showcasing their talents in our big virtual BB/GB get-together.
- Picking plums and blackberries in Grandma and Grandad’s garden and then making blackberry tarts with Sophie.
- Sophie telling Jessica all about the things she’s been doing and what class she is going to be in next year when we visited Jessica’s forever bed.
- Having a “nic-nic” (as Thomas calls it) at Chiltern Open Air Museum.
- Being able to harvest leeks and beans from the garden for our dinner.