The girls have enjoyed spending time with Nanny this week. My mum stayed with us for a few days earlier this week. She’d arranged to come and stay so that I could go to #BML17 as we’d thought hubby would be away when I first booked my ticket. As it turned out, hubby wasn’t away so the girls got to enjoy a day with both Nanny and Daddy. In the meantime, I got to enjoy a day out catching up with other bloggers.
Hubby and I also advantage of my mum staying and grabbed the opportunity for a rare date night. We went out for a meal at a local Italian restaurant. The service wasn’t very good – our waitress went home partway through the evening and I assume that no-one had handed over our table as we waited over an hour between finishing our mains and getting dessert! We did get our starters knocked off the bill because of it though. Despite the poor service, we did have a lovely evening and it was nice just to spend time together.
Jessica and Sophie have had a wonderful time. They’ve enjoyed having Nanny play games with them, walk them to school and sing songs to them at bedtime. I’ve enjoyed seeing how much they’ve loved spending time with Nanny and having a little more time to get jobs done around the house.
Things I have loved this week:
- The way Jessica introduced her Nanny to all her friends in Girls’ Brigade.
- Spending time in the #SketchbookClub area at #BML17 and painting with watercolour for the first time in about twenty years!
- Sophie getting to take home the Baby Ballet class cup for the week for doing so well in her ballet class.
- Getting my favourite picture of my girls printed onto a canvas and put on the wall above my desk.
- Having a clear out of my craft cupboards and getting all my craft supplies organised properly again.
- Making an autumn wreath and firework pictures with Sophie.
- Another small weight gain for Jessica at her check-up with the community nurse.
- Making the most of a beautiful autumn afternoon and going for a walk in the woods at Chiltern Open Air Museum.
I’m a finalist in this year’s BiBs awards in the Inspire category. If you enjoy reading my blog, please consider voting for me. You can vote for me here.