I have to say I’ve been floating on cloud nine this week having discovered that this blog of mine has been shortlisted for a BiBs award! To be one of ten blogs shortlisted in the Family category is amazing and I’m so thrilled to be there amongst them. I’ve had a mention in the local paper and no doubt have been driving my friends and family mad on Facebook with all my posts about it. Needless to say though, I’d love to make it to the final – so if you would like to help me do so, you can vote for my blog here.
Things I have loved this week:
- Seeing how excited Jessica was at going to Girls Brigade for the second time and getting her uniform.
- Going to the airport to meet hubby and the way Jessica and Sophie shouted out “Daddy! Daddy!” and ran to give him big hugs as soon as they saw him come through arrivals.
- An afternoon digging up various unwanted plants in the garden and talking through plans for what we want there instead.
- Having a family film night.
- A family afternoon together at Langley Park.
- Making some insects with the girls and then watching them have fun playing with them in the garden so they could make friends with the real ones!
- Having lots of sunshine and getting washing on the line.
- An afternoon doing some painting with the girls in the back garden.
- Visiting Grandma and enjoying the sunshine in her garden (maybe my word of the week should have been garden – given how much time we’ve spent in one!)
- Jessica’s sats being 85 when the community nurse visited this week – that’s the best they’ve been for a while! This week also saw the five-year anniversary of the day we first found out about Jessica’s heart condition and it’s so good to see her doing so well.