Half-term was rather a hectic time for us with Sophie’s birthday in the middle of it, plus trying to juggle work and other commitments whilst making the most of being able to have time with Sophie. I didn’t manage to find time to write our weekly update last week and nearly didn’t manage it this week either! I’ve been effectively flying solo for most of this week with a busy week at work for hubby and it’s been a week of juggling a few too many balls – but thankfully most of them are managing to stay up in the air!
This time last week, I hadn’t anticipated that we’d be in lockdown once again. Sophie’s back to having dance classes via Zoom and we’re back to having our church services online again. I’m glad that our outdoor activities are a little less restricted this time around. Thomas and I will still be able to get out and about for walks and we’ll still be able to go and visit Jessica for now at least.
Things that have made me smile over the last couple of weeks
- A day out at Chiltern Open Air Museum.
- Sophie’s lovely new apron and chef’s hat that my friend made. Perfect for her to wear while helping me make her birthday cake!
- The way Sophie focused just as much on each of the cards as the presents on her birthday.
- Going on a scarecrow hunt.
- Sophie wanting to visit Jessica on her birthday so she could share some of her birthday cake with Jessica.
- Making a scarecrow with Sophie after being inspired by all the scarecrows we saw on the scarecrow hunt. I love that Sophie also decided that our scarecrow had to be called “Jessica”. She originally had a pumpkin head for Halloween and then we made a straw head for her.
- A day out at Cliveden.
- Sophie and Thomas in their matching skeleton outfits.
- Helping Sophie make a Great Fire of London house for her half-term home learning project.
- A surprise delivery of cakes from a couple of friends from a local church.
- Watching Thomas having fun playing with fallen leaves.