This week has seen me getting ready to study again as I’ve just started a distance learning foundation course in human resources to help me gain some new skills working within hubby’s company. It’s a challenge that I hadn’t anticipated at the very start of the year – the idea and enrolment in the course has all happened rather quickly but I’m looking forward to the challenge and getting to grips with learning something new. Unfortunately our internet went down an hour before the live welcome class was due to start – thankfully my in-laws live down the road and were happy for me to come over to use their internet and kept the girls amused so I could focus on the live class too – win-win!
After five years of rather optimistically calling a room at one end of our house “the study” despite it being mostly filled with boxes and junk – we now finally have a desk in there and space to sit and work! The room is still quite a long way from being finished and the current desk is a temporary one but it’s a start! For now, the computer is still in the living room, but the desk in the study has a lot more space which makes it easier for hubby to work from home in the evenings and means that hopefully we’ll see a little more of him during the busier times.
Things I have loved this week:
- Having some one-to-one time with Jessica at another friend’s pirate-themed birthday party.
- Sitting down and having an afternoon doing some beading with the girls.
- Both the girls piling into my lap and demanding kisses and cuddles.
- Having a lovely walk outdoors, stopping to watch the ducks on the duck pond and then finishing off with ice-cream and sprinkles in an ice-cream parlour.
- Hubby putting the Rose Petal Cottage playhouse together again and seeing the girls having lots of fun playing in it.
- A movie afternoon snuggling up together and watching Frozen for the umpteenth time.
- Going on the Stick Man trail at Wendover Woods.
- Coffee and a catch-up with a friend from church.