This week, my happy moments seem to have revolved around dancing. One of my favourite things about this time of year is watching Strictly on a Saturday night and I love seeing how much the girls love watching it too. I often have to re-watch the dances on the TV as I’m so distracted by watching my girls holding hands and dancing together whilst watching it. They both try to copy the moves as they go along and I’m quite impressed at the things they remember if they hear that music again later on – particularly when they suddenly end with a pose that they remember seeing on the TV!
The clocks going back in October is something that always makes me think of Sophie’s birth as I remember seeing the clocks change whilst in early labour. This year, I saw the clocks change again – thanks to leaving it to the last minute to choreograph a routine for one of the concert numbers we are currently rehearsing. As the clocks went back this year, I was line dancing in my kitchen whilst playing “Leroy the Rednecked Reindeer” on my phone!
Jessica had an inset day on Monday and we went to Legoland for Brick or Treat. One of my favourite moments from the day was watching her, Sophie and their friends H and E all holding hands and dancing around together.
All this dancing has also prompted me to do something I’d been meaning to do for ages – and get the girls into dance classes. I’ve managed to find a class for Sophie which we’ll be trying out tomorrow morning. There is space in another class for Jessica, but the time isn’t ideal for us so I’m in two minds about whether to try it anyway and see how we get on or find a different class.
Other things I have loved this week:
- Jessica and Sophie’s pretty new winter coats.
- An autumn walk in Langley Park with both my girls.
- Carving pumpkins and tasting turkey at a nearby farm shop.
- Submitting my final assignment for my HR course.
- Sophie winning the costume competition at Legoland in the 0-5 age category.
- Jessica bringing home her first reading book.
- Seeing how much Sophie is enjoying her toddler French class.
- Finding a couple of geocaches while out on a walk.
- Hubby being home with no more trips away for the foreseeable future.