That wonderful feeling of relief when hubby finally got home on Bank Holiday Monday was shortlived as Tuesday morning saw his dad being rushed into hospital with a pulmonary embolism. It’s certainly made for an anxious few days, and thankfully he’s now starting to get better although will probably need to be in hospital for some time.
Jessica is also due to go back to hospital next week for a cardiac catheter procedure which will give the team more information to help them plan when her next big operation might take place. Needless to say, as this draws closer, I start to feel more anxious about it all. It’s been more than two years since we were last in hospital for a planned procedure and now that she’s older, she’s able to understand more of what is going on. Hopefully all will go well and the results will be encouraging.
In the meantime, we’ve been trying to enjoy half-term as much as we can in between the worry, the rainy weather and another busy week on the work front for me.
Things I have loved this week:
- Hubby being home again!
- An afternoon catching up with one of my best friends from my university days.
- Watching Jessica and Sophie create a “chicken house” out of sticks and fabric tape.
- Having Sunday lunch at Grandma and Grandad’s house.
- Watching the girls having fun exploring Grandma’s garden.
- Making get well soon cards for Grandad and helping Jessica practice her writing skills.
- Reaching 2000 followers on Instagram.
- Being sent several boxes of Lindt chocolates – very much appreciated especially given how stressful this week has been!