Half-term has been somewhat overshadowed by being unwell. I’ve had a horrible cough since the start of half-term which has made me tired and grumpy. Hubby’s away working on an event for the whole of half-term (and has been suffering from the same cough) so it’s not the best timing. I’ve tried to keep going and enjoy some half-term fun with the girls, but I’ve struggled energy-wise. Thankfully, I think it’s starting to ease off now.
Jessica was also unwell in the middle of the week. She had an afternoon of being quite sick and sorry for herself – it turned out that she’d been eating playdough. Hopefully she won’t be doing that again! As the week comes to an end, Sophie has been a little subdued and has been running a fever. I’m hoping that she hasn’t caught the cough I’ve had and will be back to her normal happy self very quickly.
Things I have loved this week:
- A lovely long walk in Langley Park hunting for geocaches.
- Catching up with my family and spending a few days staying with my twin sister.
- An afternoon watching Jessica and Sophie having fun at the fair with their cousins despite the rain!
- Collecting Lego cards and swapping them – although I think I might be enjoying this more than Jessica and Sophie are!
- Baking cupcakes with the girls.
- Making starry night glitter jars.
- Catching up with a friend over several cups of tea and watching our girls having fun together enjoying soft play.
- The start of #30DaysWild and an afternoon enjoying some outdoor painting using natural brushes.
Nominations are now open for this year's BiBs awards. If you enjoy reading my blog or find my posts thought-provoking, I'd love a nomination in either the Inspire and/or the Family and Lifestyle categories. You can nominate me by filling in the form here