The summer holidays are almost over and the start of the new school year is around the corner. We’ve packed our summer full of fun and made the most of those six weeks together. I’m quite sad that the summer is almost over. I never like the start of autumn and I know I’ll miss Sophie and Thomas once they’re back at school. Next week is going to be an emotional one, especially as the first day back is Jessica’s birthday too.
This week has been full of activity – lots of fun moments plus the busyness of preparing for back to school – buying school shoes, labelling school uniform and making sure that we have everything we need. And the to-do list for next week is looking very full with all the jobs that I’ve been putting off until I have time to focus on them!
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 238 – I am grateful for our Net Adventure summer pass. We’ve definitely been making the most of it and Sophie and Thomas have loved it.
- Day 239 – I am grateful for a fun evening with my family celebrating my nephew’s wedding.
- Day 240 – I am grateful for a lovely afternoon at the Radway summer garden party.
- Day 241 – I am grateful for a fun afternoon at the funfair.
- Day 242 – I am grateful for an evening trip to the park.
- Day 243 – I am grateful for all the quality time and fun moments I’ve had with Sophie and Thomas over the summer holidays.
- Day 244 – I am grateful for a fun morning taking part in a colour run.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Thomas giggling in his sleep.
- Den building at Denham Country Park.
- A brief dream visit from Jessica. She was wearing the dress in the photo below, although was a little older (3 rather then 2) and I had a brief moment of cuddling her. As always, she felt so very real and I could still feel the weight of her in my arms when I woke up. What a joy it was to be able to cuddle my beautiful girl once more, if only for a moment.