We hardly ever get snow where we live so it makes a change to have had several days of it. While part of me is longing for some warmer weather and the start of spring, I have enjoyed seeing the girls having fun in the snow. It’s a bit too cold for Jessica to be able to enjoy it for more than about ten minutes at a time. Sophie has been having lots of fun though in the afternoons while Jessica has been at school. It’s too powdery for snowmen, but we’ve had fun doing some snow painting.
Jessica has been back at school full time this week and has coped well. Her school was open until lunchtime yesterday and we’ve got a snow day today. Hopefully we’ll be able to enjoy the snow a bit more while it lasts.
Things I have loved this week:
- Jessica getting a Wow of the Week certificate for “returning to school with such enthusiasm and positivity.”
- Watching Jessica having fun at a friend’s birthday party. It was amazing to see the difference in how confident she was. Normally she clings to me for at least the first 30 minutes. This time she headed straight for her friends.
- Starting concert rehearsals and the music for the song I’m performing finally arriving in the post (it wasn’t an easy one to get hold of).
- Jessica having sats of 85% at her paediatrician check-up. They were a little low (78%) at her recent cardiac review – fingers crossed they are now improving.
- A nice simple costume for World Book Day thanks to Jessica’s favourite books being the Charlie and Lola ones.
- Hot chocolate and marshmallows with Sophie after coming in from the snow. Jessica doesn’t like hot chocolate but Sophie loves it!
- Starting to feel Peanut move. I think I’ve been feeling flutters for a couple of weeks now, but it’s only this week that I’ve been sure that it’s Peanut’s movements that I’m feeling.
Nominations are now open for this year's BiBs awards. If you enjoy reading my blog or find my posts thought-provoking, I'd love a nomination in either the Inspire and/or the Family and Lifestyle categories. You can nominate me by filling in the form here