Happy New Year to you all! Hope all my readers had a wonderful Christmas and aren’t feeling too fragile today after seeing in the new year. I can’t believe that we are in 2016 already (really wasn’t it just yesterday that I saw in the millennium?) and another year is before us. Hopefully it will be a good one for you all. I’m looking forward to embracing the positive moments this year with my #366daysofgratitude challenge and “rememberlutions” jar.
The festive season has been full of activity for us – we spent Christmas Day with hubby’s parents and then travelled down on Boxing Day to spend a few days with my family, and also find time to visit some local attractions while we were there. Since getting back home, hubby has been busy emptying and painting the garage, putting up shelves and having a huge declutter in there. We painted one side of the garage shortly after we moved in but it has taken us six years to finally paint the other wall and sort out all the stuff that was just dumped in there after we moved. It feels so good to finally be sorting it all out!
Things I have loved over the festive season:
- Seeing Jessica performing in her preschool Christmas concert – such a proud moment.
- Catching up with my mum and all my brothers and sisters over the festive season.
- Meeting my new nephew who was born at the end of November.
- Making the most of a sunny day and “going on an adventure” – we had fun finding the clues on the winter treasure trail at Denham Country Park.
- Exploring Uppark House with hubby, the girls and my mum – we treated ourselves to National Trust membership while we were there and I’m looking forward to making the most of it in the coming year!
- A day out at Fort Nelson, walking around the fort on a treasure trail before exploring the galleries inside – I was quite impressed at how much there was for the girls to do there.
- Being mentioned by Northumberland Mam as one of her top 10 blogs in 2015.