Show week is done and dusted, and we’ve been taking this last week of the summer holidays at a nice relaxed pace after all the activity of the last few weeks. Normally, I’d be trying to pack these last few days with activities and days out, but I think we’ve all needed the slower pace this week.
It was a joy to see Sophie perform as Flounder last week. She did so well and made me very proud. I also enjoyed watching her in the ensemble at the Saturday matinee performance. She’s so confident on a stage and is always so focused and in character throughout. There were tears at the end of the show though – it’s always sad when show week comes to an end. At least she’ll see a lot of her stage friends again when she joins the Beck Youth Theatre in a couple of weeks’ time.
We’ve had a nice weekend visiting friends after the show and then relaxing at home during the week. Sophie has enjoyed getting creative this week and made herself an outfit – tie-dying a T-shirt and making herself a skirt (with a bit of help from me). We’ve had trips into town for some last minute back-to-school shopping, snuggles on the sofa at home, and time just to play with toys. It’s been lovely watching Sophie and Thomas play together and to enjoy these last few days of not having to worry about fitting into any kind of routine. I’ll miss this when Sophie and Thomas are back at school next week.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 237 – I am grateful for getting to see Sophie perform as Flounder in The Little Mermaid. She was wonderful. So very proud of her.
- Day 238 – I am grateful for a wonderful show week for Sophie. Was lovely to go with my mum and twinny to see her perform again today at the matinee performance. A huge well done to all the cast and everyone involved on such an amazing show and I loved being a small part of it all as one of the chaperones.
- Day 239 – I am grateful for a lovely afternoon at our friends’ summer garden party.
- Day 240 – I am grateful for a lovely bank holiday weekend.
- Day 241 – I am grateful for time to teach Sophie how to make a simple skirt.
- Day 242 – I am grateful for the results of yesterday’s tie-dye session with Sophie.
- Day 243 – I am grateful for libraries and another summer reading challenge completed.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Sophie and Thomas keeping warm by sharing Daddy’s fleece.
- My friend Katy surprising us at the theatre when she came to see Sophie playing Flounder.
- Making home-made lemonade with Sophie.
- A pillow fight at bedtime.