The daffodils are popping up, the weather is getting warmer and Easter is on the way. This month’s #BostikBlogger craft box provided the perfect inspiration for some Easter crafts. My girls had a wonderful afternoon making Easter baskets out of craft foam and filling them with glittery eggs. The baskets are simple to make, although young children will need some adult help with making the basket.
You will need:
- A sheet of craft foam
- A plate or circular object
- A pencil
- A stapler
- Three pipe cleaners
- Coloured felt or tissue paper
- Polystyrene eggs
- Two small bowls
- PVA Glue (we used Bostik White Glu)
- Stickers or foam shapes to decorate
1) Place the plate on the craft foam and draw around it with a pencil. Cut out the circle.
2) Fold the circle of craft foam in half horizontally. Unfold and then fold in half vertically. Unfold again. You should now have created fold marks dividing the circle into quarters.
3) Cut to about two-thirds down on each of the fold lines.
4) Fold the sides up, overlap and staple to create a basket shape.
5) Decorate the basket shape with foam shapes and stickers.
6) Make a handle using three pipe cleaners and staple the ends to the top of the basket.
7) Line the inside of the basket with a piece of felt or tissue paper.
9) Pour some glue into one of the bowls and the glitter into the other.
9) Dip one of the polystyrene eggs into the first bowl to cover it with glue. It may also be helpful to use a glue spreader to spread the glue more evenly across the egg.
10) Dip the glue-covered egg into the glitter and roll around until it is covered. Leave to dry.
11) Repeat with the remaining polystyrene eggs. Once all the eggs are dry, you can place them in your basket.
Both my girls had fun making their Easter baskets and glittery eggs. Needless to say, they’re looking forward to filling them with chocolate eggs at some point too!
We were sent a box of craft materials from Craft Merrily as part of being a Tots100 #BostikBlogger
I’m a finalist in this year’s BiBs awards in the Inspire category. If you enjoy reading my blog, please consider voting for me. You can vote for me here.