This week’s craft activity at our Tuesday morning mother and toddler group was making a cupcase cake flower. These are quick and easy to make and great for helping with fine motor skills. Jessica needed a little help with making these but enjoyed doing so.
You will need:
- Three cupcake cases (preferably of different sizes)
- A small piece of tissue paper
- A pipe cleaner
- A button
- Blu tack
- A sharp pencil
1) Put the cupcake cases inside each other with the biggest on the bottom and the smallest on the top.
2) Make a hole through the centre of the cupcake cases using a sharp pencil and blu tack.
3) Fold the tissue paper and make a hole through the centre.
4) Put the tissue paper inside the cupcake cases.
5) Place a button on top of the tissue paper.
6) Pass a pipe cleaner through the holes in the tissue paper and one of the button holes. Twist it back around on itself and push the end back through the other button hole and through the tissue paper and cupcakes case.
7) Twist the end of the pipe cleaner behind the bottom cupcake case to secure
Voilá! – one pretty cupcake case flower.