I love doing beading and one of my favourite things to make is this pretty necklace. It is fairly quick and simple to make and makes a perfect gift for friends and family.
You will need:
- 5 x 12mm glass pearl beads
- 10 x 8mm crystal beads
- Crimp beads
- Silver balls
- 1 jump ring and lobster clasp
- 14 20mm silver curved tubes
- Beading wire (about 75cm length)
- Wire cutters and crimp tool
1) Thread a crystal bead, glass pearl bead and another crystal on your beading wire and position in the centre of your necklace. Add a crimp bead either side and flatten with the crimp tool to secure the beads in place.
2) On one side, add a silver ball and another crimp bead. Flatten the crimp bead again and then thread on a silver curved tube followed by a crimp bead, silver ball and crimp bead.
3) Add a crystal bead, glass pearl, crystal and a crimp bead.
4) Repeat steps 2 and 3.
5) Thread a silver ball, crimp bead, silver curved tube and a crimp bead.
6) Repeat step 5, four times – you should now have five silver tubes after the clusters of beads. You can continue this a few more times depending on how long you like your necklace but this length works for me.
7) Thread a silver ball, crimp bead, silver ball, crimp bead but do not flatten these crimp beads at this stage. Add a lobster clasp and pass the beading wire back through the crimp bead, silver ball and next crimp bead and pull tightly. Cut the end of wire close to the silver ball and then pull back on the clasp slightly so the end disappears into the crimp bead and then flatten the two crimp beads to secure.
8) Repeat stages 2 to 7 on the other side but using a jump ring instead of a lobster clasp and voilá – one pretty beaded necklace!