Welcome back to Country Kids. I hope that you are all keeping well and safe as we come to the end of this lockdown and move back into our different tiers once again. This time of year is usually a busy one for us with lots of festive events planned and it feels very strange not to have festive days out planned. We’re still enjoying getting out and about though, even if our outdoor adventures are much more low-key than they usually would be at this point in the year. If you’ve been sharing any posts about getting out and about as a family, please do join in and link up with Country Kids – I’d love to read about your outdoor adventures.
About Country Kids
Country Kids is the original outdoor family fun linky designed to:
“Encourage family fun outdoors, in an age where technology and screens are such a draw to a sedentary indoor life”
The linky opens on a Saturday each week and stays open for twelve days, so there’s plenty of time to link up. It’s a great place to share outdoor posts and find inspiration for future outdoor adventures and the Country Kids community is a supportive and welcoming one.
Country Kids 28/11/20
Treasure Trails are a great way of turning a walk into an adventure. We’ve done a few different ones now. This week we’re sharing our most recent – a spy-themed Treasure Trail around Datchet.
Guidelines for joining in:
- Post must be predominantly outdoors such as in the garden, the park, the woods or the beach with crafting, learning, exploring or playing.
- Both countryside and urban outdoor adventures are welcome.
- Unheated covered areas like a barn or tent count as outdoors.
- Please comment on the host posts and a minimum of 2 others of your choice.
- If you use #CountryKids when commenting the post owner will know where you found them and hopefully come back to visit your post.
- Please add the badge so that others know where they can link up.
- Linked posts should be written and made live within the last 2 months. I understand sometimes you need to do catch up posts and write about something from a couple of months ago but the publish date should be within 2 months.
- There is no restriction on the number of posts that can be linked up, however please be sensible, if you have more than 3 consider linking over a few weeks.
- The linky opens at 00:00 on Saturday 28 November and closes at 00:00 on Thursday 10 December.
I loved Sensational Learning with Penguin’s post about their walk around Northiam, East Sussex, where they enjoyed watching bats flying around the church.
Country Kids Communities
Posts linked up each week will be pinned on the Country Kids Pinterest board.
If you are sharing outdoor fun in the garden on Instagram, you can join in with Fiona from Coombe Mill using the hashtag #CountryKidsFun. Fiona shares her favourite posts each Friday. Here are her favourites from last week.
View this post on Instagram
If you would like to receive weekly reminders for Country Kids plus who the top commenters are, you can subscribe to the mailing list using the form below. You can opt-out any time.
This week’s linky can be accessed below. If you are unable to see it below, please click here to access the linky directly.