Welcome to Country Kids. Country Kids was one of the first linkies I joined in when I started my blog four years ago. It helped inspire me to enjoy so many outdoor adventures with my girls and create happy memories. It is an honour to be taking over hosting Country Kids from Fiona at Coombe Mill who has hosted it for the last seven years, along with my co-hosts Helena from The Queen of Collage and Lucy from Kids of the Wild.
Helena is taking a week off this week, but Lucy and I are looking forward to reading your outdoor posts and sharing them.
About Country Kids
Country Kids is the original outdoor family fun linky designed to:
“Encourage family fun outdoors, in an age where technology and screens are such a draw to a sedentary indoor life”
The Country Kids community is supportive and welcoming. It’s a great place to share outdoor posts and find inspiration for future outdoor adventures.
Country Kids 17/11/18
Last weekend, Sophie took part in her first Remembrance Sunday parade. Like many of these milestone moments, it was a bittersweet occasion but I was a very proud mummy watching her march with her friend.
Guidelines for joining in:
- Post must be predominantly outdoors such as in the garden, the park, the woods or the beach with crafting, learning, exploring or playing.
- Both countryside and urban outdoor adventures are welcome.
- Unheated covered areas like a barn or tent count as outdoors.
- Please comment on the host posts and a minimum of 2 others of your choice.
- If you use #CountryKids when commenting the post owner will know where you found them and hopefully come back to visit your post.
- Please add the badge so that others know where they can link up.
- Linked posts should be written and made live within the last 2 months. I understand sometimes you need to do catch up posts and write about something from a couple of months ago but the publish date should be within 2 months.
- There is no restriction on the number of posts that can be linked up, however please be sensible, if you have more than 3 consider linking over a few weeks.
- The linky opens at 00:00 on Saturday and closes at 00:00 on Thursday.
This week’s top commenters are:
- Fiona from Coombe Mill with 9 comments
- Mary from Over 40 and a Mum to One with 8 comments
- Clare from Flip Flops or Wellies with 6 comments
Thank you to everyone who joined in last week and for the comments you took time to leave. We did have one person not sharing the blog love again this week. Please do make sure you take the time to visit other blog posts linked up and help keep Country Kids a supportive community.
I loved reading Flip Flops or Wellies’ post about climbing Snowdon – it made me want to do the same at some point!
Helena enjoyed Wave to Mummy’s post about why the Forty Hall estate is one of their favourite places to visit as a family.
Lucy’s favourite post was Four Acorns’ magical starlight kayaking experience on Lough Hyne.
Country Kids Communities
Favourite posts from each week will be pinned on the Country Kids Pinterest board.
Fiona is continuing with the Country Kids Instagram community and you can join in using the hashtag #CountryKidsFun. Fiona’s favourites from this week are as follows:
If you would like to receive weekly reminders for Country Kids plus who the top commenters are, you can subscribe to the mailing list using the form below. You can opt-out any time.