Welcome to Country Kids. Country Kids was one of the first linkies I joined in when I started my blog four years ago. It helped inspire me to enjoy so many outdoor adventures with my girls and create happy memories. It is an honour to be taking over hosting Country Kids from Fiona at Coombe Mill who has hosted it for the last seven years, along with my co-hosts Helena from The Queen of Collage and Lucy from Kids of the Wild. Helena will be co-hosting with me initially with Lucy hopefully joining us later on.
About Country Kids
Country Kids is the original outdoor family fun linky designed to:
“Encourage family fun outdoors, in an age where technology and screens are such a draw to a sedentary indoor life”
The Country Kids community is supportive and welcoming. It’s a great place to share outdoor posts and find inspiration for future outdoor adventures.
Country Kids 11/08/18
We ventured out for the first time with baby Thomas. Our first trip out had to be to GreenAcres, to visit Jessica at her forever bed. It was an emotional trip but it felt so important to me that we were able to spend time near Jessica for our first time out and about since becoming a family of five.
Guidelines for joining in:
- Post must be predominantly outdoors such as in the garden, the park, the woods or the beach with crafting, learning, exploring or playing.
- Both countryside and urban outdoor adventures are welcome.
- Unheated covered areas like a barn or tent count as outdoors.
- Please comment on the host posts and a minimum of 2 others of your choice.
- If you use #CountryKids when commenting the post owner will know where you found them and hopefully come back to visit your post.
- Please add the badge so that others know where they can link up.
- Linked posts should be written and made live within the last 2 months. I understand sometimes you need to do catch up posts and write about something from a couple of months ago but the publish date should be within 2 months.
- There is no restriction on the number of posts that can be linked up, however please be sensible, if you have more than 3 consider linking over a few weeks.
- The linky opens at 00:00 on Saturday and closes at 00:00 on Thursday.
This week’s top commenters are:
- Fiona from Coombe Mill with 15 comments
- Joy from Pink Oddy and Keitha from Keitha’s Chaos with 13 comments
- Mary from Over 40 and a Mum to One and Michelle from Mummy from the Heart with 9 comments
Thank you to everyone who joined in last week and for the comments you took time to leave. Unfortunately we had two link dumpers this week. Please do make sure you share some blog love if you link up.
- My favourite post from last week came from Karen at The Next Best Thing to Mummy who shared some useful advice on things to consider when getting a child their first pony.
- Helena’s favourite post was Mother Geek’s post sharing her first camping trip with her autistic son.
Country Kids Communities
Favourite posts from each week will be pinned on the Country Kids Pinterest board.
Fiona will be continuing with the Country Kids Instagram community and you can join in using the hashtag #CountryKidsFun. Fiona’s favourites from this week are as follows:
#countrykidsfun featured images week 97 with thanks to @flip_flops_or_wellies @mrs_hs_fav_things @stephloveshoney and @lakessinglemum Thank you for all the lovely tags this week. We have now passed 10,700 in the collection. That’s a lot of outdoor fun! Remember #CountryKids is live from midnight for all your blog adventures this week hosted by @littleheartsbiglove . Have a lovely weekend. 🎄🌞🍄🌿🌼 #outdoorfun #kidsoutdoors #outdoorsandhappy #CountryKids #fridayoutdoorfun #capturedmoments #lovelifeoutdoors #countrylife #dingy #happiness #countryside #lake #countryliving #beachlove #seaside #woodland #picnic #meadow
If you would like to receive weekly reminders for Country Kids plus who the top commenters are, you can subscribe to the mailing list using the form below. You can opt-out any time.