Happy new year and welcome back to Country Kids. I hope that you are all keeping well and had a good Christmas. While I’m sure many of us are glad to see the back of 2020, we’re certainly having a tough start to 2021 with coronavirus cases rising and restrictions increasing. Being able to get outside for walks, especially in quiet spots, makes everything feel a little more bearable at the moment though. Our outdoor family adventures might be very limited right now, but it’s still good to be able to get outside. If you’ve managed to enjoy some outdoor time as a family over the festive period, I’d love to read about it.
About Country Kids
Country Kids is the original outdoor family fun linky designed to:
“Encourage family fun outdoors, in an age where technology and screens are such a draw to a sedentary indoor life”
The linky opens on a Saturday each week and stays open for twelve days, so there’s plenty of time to link up. It’s a great place to share outdoor posts and find inspiration for future outdoor adventures and the Country Kids community is a supportive and welcoming one.
Country Kids 02/01/21
Last year, I took on the challenge to spend 1000 hours outside and managed to hit my target three days before the end of the year. It’s been a great way of encouraging us to spend more time outdoors as a family. You can read more about my thoughts on taking on the challenge in this week’s linked post, and get some ideas for ways to get outdoors a little more.
Guidelines for joining in:
- Post must be predominantly outdoors such as in the garden, the park, the woods or the beach with crafting, learning, exploring or playing.
- Both countryside and urban outdoor adventures are welcome.
- Unheated covered areas like a barn or tent count as outdoors.
- Please comment on the host posts and a minimum of 2 others of your choice.
- If you use #CountryKids when commenting the post owner will know where you found them and hopefully come back to visit your post.
- Please add the badge so that others know where they can link up.
- Old and new posts are welcome.
- There is no restriction on the number of posts that can be linked up, however please be sensible, if you have more than 3 consider linking over a few weeks.
- The linky opens at 00:00 on Saturday 2 January and closes at 00:00 on Thursday 14 January.
This week’s top commenter is Holidays from Hels. Thank you to everyone who joined in last time and for the comments you took time to leave.
Please note that I count comments on a Thursday afternoon and will occasionally tweet out a reminder about this. Please do make sure to come back and comment on posts before then so I can make sure I count yours!
Holidays from Hels shared some great ideas of things to do with kids during lockdown in Bristol.
Country Kids Communities
Posts linked up each week will be pinned on the Country Kids Pinterest board.
If you are sharing outdoor fun in the garden on Instagram, you can follow me here and join in with Country Kids using the hashtag #CountryKidsFun. Here are my favourites from the festive period.
View this post on Instagram
If you would like to receive weekly reminders for Country Kids plus who the top commenters are, you can subscribe to the mailing list using the form below. You can opt-out any time.
This week’s linky can be accessed below. If you are unable to see it below, please click here to access the linky directly.