Since Jessica’s diagnosis, I don’t really tend to look ahead into the future – it feels far too uncertain and scary particularly with the possibility that 2015 will bring Jessica’s next major heart surgery. The first little milestone that 2015 will bring though is Jessica starting pre-school which is just under a week away. I know that she will be fine and she will enjoy it but it is a bittersweet step for me, knowing that from next week she will no longer be at home with me all the time. No doubt we will adjust though and it will be lovely to have the one-to-one time with Sophie. I am also a little anxious about how pre-school will mean Jessica being more exposed to lots of different bugs – we managed to stay out of hospital last winter other than a planned admission for a cardiac catheter and hopefully we will manage to avoid it again this winter.
New Year’s Resolutions
Whilst I don’t really tend to make many new year’s resolutions, here are some of my aims for 2015:
- Getting the girls back into a sensible routine after it completely going out of the window in December. Hopefully this will also mean that Sophie sleeps better!
- Finally adjusting our bedroom curtains so that they don’t cover the top of the radiator.
- Sorting out the clutter and reorganising various rooms in preparation for Jessica and Sophie moving into a bedroom together.
- Potty-training Jessica – time to bite the bullet and get started on this one!
- Finding the last of the Olympic and Paralympic gold postboxes.
- Having a date night with hubby at least every other month.
I’ll be starting a new weekly linky from Monday 5th January called ‘From the mouths of babes’ which is all about sharing the things that your children say – from their first words, to the funny or embarrassing things that children say or even sharing them singing songs. I’d love it if you could join in with me!
I have a few plans for posts going into 2015, particularly with regards to CHD Awareness Week which runs from 7-14 February.
And whilst I don’t want to get hung up about stats, it would be lovely to get into the top 250 of the Tots100 rankings in 2015.
Wishing all my blog readers a very Happy New Year and hope that 2015 will be kind to you all.