This week has been a mishmash of different moments – fun moments with the girls, busy moments doing jobs around the house, relaxing moments enjoying time out with hubby and bittersweet moments when the realisation of just how quickly my girls are growing up suddenly hits me once more. There have been two moments in particular with Jessica where I have realised this – one where I carried her up to bed and she suddenly seemed so very big in my arms and the second was when I filled in the form applying for her to start school next year.
This week has certainly felt like it has been a very full one and I’ve taken a bit of a step back on the blogging front as result – there has been so much else going on that I’ve not had much time to devote to the blog this week. As much as I love blogging though, it has been nice to have that step back and really focus on spending time with my family, time with my lovely hubby and focus on chipping away at all those little jobs that need doing around the house too.
Things I have loved this week:
- Watching the girls enjoying themselves at an outdoor stay and play session.
- Treating ourselves to a carvery and the squeals of delight from the girls as we arrived – you would have thought I’d been starving them all day!
- The fun of taking the girls to the toy shop and letting them spend their birthday money followed by an even more fun afternoon playing with their new toys (we’ve been adding to the collection of Bing things!)
- Carving a heart in a pumpkin as part of World Vision’s #CarveAHeart campaign.
- Going to Legoland with the girls’ friends H and E for the last day of the season.
- Relaxing at a spa day with my lovely hubby and enjoying time just as a couple whilst the girls had a lovely day with Grandma.