Jessica’s birthday marks the end of the summer for us (although with return of some warm sunny weather at the moment, it still feels like summer is lingering for a while longer). Our first summer as a family of four has been a lovely one – we have been out and about a lot and spent lots of time with family and friends. We didn’t have a summer fun list to tick off although I did have a mental list of some activities – and I think we did manage to do all of them.
Here are some of the fun things we got up to this summer:
- Our first holiday abroad – travelling through France, Monaco, Italy and Belgium plus a day trip to Sark to find a gold postbox. We visited friends in the south of France and Sophie had her first dip in a swimming pool.
- Painting in the garden – messy but lots of fun!
- Going on the Gruffalo trail – four cousins took a stroll through the deep, dark wood…
- In the Night Garden live – the girls loved getting to meet Upsy Daisy and Igglepiggle afterwards
- Legoland – we’ve had a few trips here thanks to Mummy getting an annual pass for her birthday.
- CBeebies Land – a lovely day out
- Peppa Pig World – meeting up with Ocean Ward families
- Finding gold postboxes – we found 11 of these this summer – just 14 left to go until we’ve found them all.
- Book Bench hunt – 50 book benches placed around London found over four days out.
- Treasure trails – a great way to explore a town or village.
- Making daisy chains in the garden – simple pleasures
- Trips to the park
- Going crabbing at the shore
Looking forward to having some more fun over the autumn – jumping in leaves, splashing in puddles, making leaf pictures and maybe going on a hunt for some Paddington Bear statues which are due to appear in November.