After the stressful ride of the last couple of weeks, this week has felt much more steady overall – well, once we got past the weekend anyway! We’ve been able to draw breath and relax a little more, and the worries have eased up a bit too now that everyone who was in hospital is now home again, and on the mend. Let’s hope that things will stay a little calmer for a while now.
I think I’ve also been a bit kinder to myself, and tried not to find battles that I don’t need to be fighting this week. I’ve given in to the fact that Thomas just doesn’t seem to be settling well in his cot for naps in the day at the moment, and embraced the sleepy snuggles on the sofa instead. The to-do list can wait for now. He won’t always be little enough for naptime snuggles. More sleep at night would still be good though!
Things that have made me smile this week
- An after-school picnic in the park.
- Watching Thomas excitedly signing “duck” over and over again when we went to feed the ducks.
- Watching Sophie having fun at her friend’s superhero-themed birthday party.
- Taking our torches and going for a night walk in the woods.
- Making mud potions in the garden with Sophie.
- The beautiful print that some heart family friends of mine sent us because it reminded them of Jessica.
- Finally managing to complete all the lessons on the French course in Duolingo after four years. I’m now working through the Stories section of the app to help practise my French and will keep going back over some of the lessons every now and then too.
- Looking out of the window and seeing Jessica’s name written in the clouds, along with a big kiss.
- Learning how to make beeswax wraps and paper plant pots at a ‘Small Changes’ workshop.