We’ve been enjoying spending lots of time out in the garden making the most of the glorious sunshine this week. It’s been nice to sit out there with the laptop and work outdoors while Sophie and Thomas run around and play. We’ve had most of our meals outdoors and enjoyed the first barbecue of the year. The roses are all in bloom, seedlings have started to appear from some of the veg that we’ve planted recently and we’ve picked the first of the wild strawberries in the garden. I’m so glad that we’re able to enjoy the garden and spend so much time outdoors.
Things that have made me smile this week
- Sophie being given a cupcake decorating kit by Halo so that all the children could do the same activity together and share over our Halo WhatsApp group.
- Listening to music from my university days and dancing around the kitchen.
- Watching Sophie and Thomas having a wonderful time splashing about and getting soaked after experimenting with which things float and sink.
- How trusting my hubby is asking me to cut his hair after I’d only just stopped being mad at him. I have to confess hacking at his head with scissors was very therapeutic and the haircut turned out okay too.
- Baking scones with Sophie and enjoying them with jam and cream.
- The content for the church newsletter exactly fitting the space I had for it without me having to play around with the layout and spacing.
- Sophie’s delight at being given a bag of Build a Bear clothes from one of my church friends.
- Watching Sophie and Thomas having fun with some small world play in the tuff tray.
- Sophie and Thomas sitting at the piano together.