Back to school and preschool this week and all the rushing about that comes with our normal term-time routine. It’s been nice to have a little bit of me-time again in the mornings although our afternoons are usually very hectic trying to get to various activities.
We’ve had a slight change in the routine with one of Sophie’s dance lessons changing location. I got a bit mixed up with where she needed to be and ended up going to the wrong place – thankfully we were running early and so were only a couple of minutes late getting to the right place!
Rehearsals for the music hall show that I’m doing are starting to ramp up – we did our first full run-through this week. I need to work out a routine with the cane for one of my solo numbers. I’ve been making it up as I go along so far but I think I’d feel more comfortable making it a little more choreographed! I’m really looking forward to being able to be back on stage again – just one month to go!
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 112 – I am grateful for a fun afternoon of Earth Day activities at Iver Environment Centre.
- Day 113 – I am grateful that Sophie had a fun afternoon at her friend’s birthday party.
- Day 114 – I am grateful for fun playing swingball.
- Day 115 – I am grateful that it’s still daylight when I drive to rehearsal. Love the longer days.
- Day 116 – I am grateful that my husband was working from home this afternoon so I could leave Thomas at home and go for a swim myself while Sophie had her swimming lesson.
- Day 117 – I am grateful for snuggly sibling moments
- Day 118 – I am grateful that looking out for the numbers on houses we pass keeps Thomas amused when out for a walk.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Watching and listening to the birds in the garden while sitting outside having breakfast.
- Doing some geocaching while Sophie was at her dance classes.
- Thomas’s impressive pen control when doing some colouring in.
- Chatting to a mum at the playground who I didn’t think I knew but then she mentioned that her son had been in Jessica’s class. I hadn’t mentioned Jessica, just that Thomas had two older sisters but she obviously remembered me. Was so nice to know that Jessica is remembered too.