This week has been all about getting ready for, and celebrating Sophie’s birthday. I can’t quite believe that my baby girl is now three – and telling me quite firmly “I’m not a baby, I’m a little girl!” Quite right too, but she’ll still always be my baby no matter how big she gets! We had a lovely day celebrating at home with family visiting during the day – my mum and two of my sisters came up and Grandma, Grandad and cousins Meryl and E also dropped by. Sophie got very excited to see her birthday card being read out on CBeebies and best of all, hubby got home from his latest trip away just in time for singing Happy Birthday while the birthday girl blew out the candle on her cake.
Things I have loved this week:
- Spending time with our church family on the church weekend – and getting time to sit and do some crafts while Jessica and Sophie were kept entertained by my friends.
- Jessica climbing up into my lap for a snuggle during evening devotions on the church weekend making me realise once again how lucky I am to have my two gorgeous girlies.
- Jessica’s drawing of Mummy and Daddy dancing.
- Making spoon animals with Jessica and Sophie.
- The girls taking their dollies on a walk to the park.
- A day at Rickmansworth Aquadrome with the lovely Mel from Le Coin de Mel and her children – the girls had a wonderful time with their new friends.
- Taking the girls to the fab Sweet as a Button sweet-shop and seeing their delight at being able to fill a bucket with sweets.
- Having one last day out at Chiltern Open Air Museum before it closes for the winter and enjoying an autumn scavenger hunt, looking for leaves, conkers, acorns and other “treasures.”