I feel like I’ve been juggling an awful lot of balls this week – although thankfully I think I’ve managed to keep them all in the air despite quite a few moments when I wasn’t sure I could do so! It’s been another week of solo parenting combined with a big impending deadline for something I’m responsible for at work and an approaching deadline for a group project on my HR course. I’ve had to do video conference calls with a small child wanting to wave hello and chat to the interesting-looking people on Mummy’s laptop screen and there have been quite a few stressful moments, not helped by having two nights where Jessica refused to go to sleep until way past 10pm at night.
But there have also been beautiful moments too and I’ve been trying to focus on those. For every stressful moment this week, I know there has also been a fun one to counteract it. I am definitely looking forward to hubby being back next week though!
Things I have loved this week:
- Jessica writing letters by herself for the first time after drawing a picture of a princess – she decided to write the princess’s name above it. It might not have been a recognisable word but I was very impressed with how neat her letters were!
- Being the first ones to arrive at Girls’ Brigade and then seeing the other girls in Explorers arrive – each of them promptly ran up to Jessica to give her a big hug. So lovely to see how much my big girl loves it and how she’s been so accepted and welcomed into the group by the other girls.
- The three of us all sleeping in until 8.30am on Saturday morning – blissful!
- Seeing how much the girls love helping distribute the flowers after church.
- Watching Sophie do a 54-piece jigsaw all by herself.
- Sharing a guest post on the Little Hearts Matter blog about how blogging has helped me on my own journey as a heart mummy.
- Having lots of cuddles and giggles with my gorgeous girlies.
- Getting to see the Lego Friends show again at Legoland. What was especially lovely was having our photo taken with them afterwards – they remembered Jessica and Sophie from last year and gave them both big hugs.