I’ve been busy sorting out our spare room this week ready for my mum to come and stay at the weekend. It’s been a year since she last stayed with us and in that time various bags and boxes have accumulated in the spare room to the point where the bed and half the floor were completely covered.
We’ve been given bags of hand-me-down clothes for Sophie from her cousins over the last year and bags of craft stuff from hubby’s aunt plus the spare room has been a dumping ground for boxes of stuff from quick clear-ups in other rooms, all of which needing sorting out. The clothes have now been separated out by size and bagged up to go in the loft until Sophie grows into them. They’ll keep her going for a few years yet! I’ve managed to find homes for the craft items and toys, and we now have a usable room again. Hopefully it will stay that way for a while!
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 169 – I am grateful for home-made elderflower cordial.
- Day 170 – I am grateful for a lovely surprise in the post – a beautiful necklace with my three children’s birthstones in it which was a late birthday present from a friend.
- Day 171 – I am grateful for home-grown raspberries and wild strawberries.
- Day 172 – I am grateful for shopping deliveries and a full fridge!
- Day 173 – I am grateful for the way that Thomas climbs into my bed every morning for morning snuggles and tickles. Love my cuddly boy.
- Day 174 – I am grateful for HALO play café. Thomas had fun in the soft play this morning while I caught up with a friend.
- Day 175 – I am grateful for the way Thomas chatters away to himself while doing jigsaws or playing with his toys. I often hear Jessica’s voice in the way he says things or in the words he uses. It’s so beautiful to hear her again through her little brother but it does make my heart ache too for my beautiful big girl and all these moments that I wish she could be here for too.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- A successful night camping on my own with the children in the garden for the #30DaysWild big wild camp-out.
- Thomas spelling out ‘Jessica’ with his letters.
- Seeing how well that the flowers we pressed back in April came out.
- Going for a walk through a wildflower meadow to see how many different ones we could find.
- An after-school trip to Black Park to feed the ducks and get some ice-cream.
- Overhearing Sophie talking about Jessica to her new friend that she’d made at the park. It means so much that she is able to talk so naturally and normally about her big sister.