We had the first snow fall of the winter this week much to Sophie’s excitement. It didn’t last very long – less than 24 hours – but she enjoyed getting out making snowmen in the garden and throwing snowballs at them. It was lovely to watch her having fun, but it did break my heart too. There should be two little girls throwing snowballs at each other in the garden.
Thomas wasn’t too sure about the cold white stuff in the garden. I’m sure he’ll enjoy it when he’s a bit older though!
Jessica’s forever bed looked especially beautiful in the snow. Walking around GreenAcres was like stepping into Narnia. I wish that we didn’t have somewhere like this to go, but as this how things are, it helps to have such a beautiful and peaceful spot to go to.
Things that have made me smile this week
- Reaching a 1000-day streak on Duolingo. I made a resolution three years ago to try and improve my French and it’s been great for helping me practise a little each day.
- Watching Sophie ride her bike around Ruislip Lido.
- Geocache hunting in Langley Park.
- Morning snuggles.
- Getting out for a walk each day. I got a FitBit for Christmas and it’s certainly helping encourage me to get out more.
- Sophie’s drawing of herself and Jessica with Thomas in the middle.