Yesterday was Superheroes Day for Sophie at school. The children in Reception have been learning about superheroes and this was an opportunity for them to come to school dressed as a superhero. Sophie has been busy this week making a superhero mask at school and a shield to go with her superhero outfit. She was very excited about getting to dress up and spent most of the week counting down to Superhero Day.
It made my day when Sophie decided to dress up as Jessica and go to school as “SuperSister”. I made the T-shirt for Jessica’s own Superhero Day at school. My little heart warrior was a superhero in her own right and so she went in as herself – with a T-shirt that had a heart with a scar down the middle stitched on to it and a cape that my friend made for her. Sophie once told me that her sister was her hero. It made me so happy that she still thinks of Jessica as being a superhero. I think both my girls are superheroes. Jessica for her strength at getting through all the battles she fought, her sweet nature, and the joy she brought to all who knew her – and Sophie for her courage at how she has coped so well after the loss of her sister, her charm and all the love that she has to give.
Thomas also got to dress up as SuperThomas in his Superman sleepsuit at his French class last week. They were having a superheroes themed session to help raise money for charity.
Things that have made me smile this week
- Raising £71.85 for Little Hearts Matter at our coffee morning at church.
- Doing a flower arrangement at church in memory of Jessica.
- Catching up with some of my university friends at a party to celebrate our friends’ 10th wedding anniversary.
- Thomas laughing whilst being bounced on the bed. What a gorgeous sound a baby’s chuckle is.
- Sophie having her face painted as a unicorn at her friend’s party.
- Getting lots of washing out on the line!
- Seeing the roses blooming in the garden. The Sophy’s Rose has some beautiful big blooms on it now and the Pretty Jessica roses are in bud.
- Sophie and Thomas sitting at the piano together. Their duet might not have been very tuneful but they had fun!
- Sophie hastily gathering up her toys and running away with them because Thomas made a beeline for them. It made me chuckle and reminded me so much of Jessica doing the same when Sophie was starting to get about as a baby!