I’ve been focusing this week on getting more organised around the house and it’s amazing how much better I feel for it. Keeping on top of the housework and clutter can be a struggle at times. This week though, I’ve joined the #DeclutteringMotherhood Facebook group run by What Katy Said in an attempt to get into a better routine around the house and finally get on top of it all. It’s only been a few days so far, but it’s already made a big difference. My house is looking much cleaner and I’m starting to chip away at the jobs that have built up too.
Hubby’s been away working on an event this week so I’ve been flying solo. It’s easy to get exhausted and overwhelmed when I’m on my own but this week has been fine. That mixture of having a little time to myself again and being more organised has certainly helped the week to go by more smoothly.
Things I have loved this week:
- Catching up with a group of friends while the girls had fun playing in the garden.
- A trip to the park on the scooters, especially as Jessica managed to make it there and back home again on the scooter without getting too tired.
- Snuggles on the sofa with my girls.
- Going on a walk with my girls in the autumn sunshine and collecting conkers.
- Hearing about Jessica’s friend K having a chat with her about her heart operation and reassuring her about it. K is also a heart warrior and I love that Jessica has a friend at school who understands the things she goes through. I also loved the fact that after Jessica had this chat, she then went and made K a heart with “friends” written on it.
- Sophie’s delight at finding Jessica’s French-speaking teddy bear in a box.
I’m a finalist in this year’s BiBs awards in the Inspire category. If you enjoy reading my blog, please consider voting for me. You can vote for me here.