Jessica’s memorial is now finished and has been put in place at her forever bed. We went up to GreenAcres on Wednesday with my mum and hubby’s parents to put her memorial in place. It is such a beautiful tribute to our little girl – a wooden sculpture of her holding her favourite dolly on top of a carved book. The level of detail is amazing – her little outfit, the plaits, even the way she is sitting – it all captures Jessica so well. It was an emotional morning, but so much nicer to have the memorial there than the wooden post that has marked Jessica’s forever bed until now.
My mum came up to stay for a few days earlier this week. It’s always good having my mum around – she’s so good with the children and it’s just lovely to be able to enjoy her company. We have certainly missed her since she went back home.
Things that have made me smile this week
- Watching Sophie having fun with her friends at a birthday party.
- Making Sophie laugh when I put Thomas in one of her and Jessica’s old dresses.
- A lovely walk around Ruislip Lido.
- Thomas holding out his arms to be picked up and starting to clap his hands.
- Making a lighthouse with Sophie.
- Thomas’s second tooth appearing. We have two teeth at the bottom now.
- Meeting hubby at the airport when he arrived home after another work trip away.
- Watching a “new” video of Jessica that my sister sent to me.
- Sophie moving up another reading level. She is now on blue books and I am amazed by how quickly her reading is coming on.
- Watching Sophie dancing away on stage at her class assembly.