The countdown for Jessica’s heart surgery has begun. Earlier this week we had the phone call from the hospital letting us know the date. Jessica will be going into hospital on 8th November and having her surgery on 9th November. Our focus now is on making sure we prepare her for it as best we can. So far she is taking it all in her stride. She knows how many sleeps there are left until her “sleepover at the doctors” and has started counting them down. I’m glad that she is so calm about it all although of course it is an anxious time for us as parents.
Next week is half-term. I’m going to focus on enjoying the week with my girls and try not to think too much about anything else.
Things I have loved this week:
- Watching Sophie have fun with her preschool friends at two birthday parties over the weekend.
- Catching up with my family and celebrating my eldest sister’s 60th birthday. It was especially nice to see my eldest brother as I haven’t seen him for nearly two years. Can’t quite get over how much he looks like my dad though!
- Video chats with hubby over Whatsapp.
- Hubby being back home again after being away working on an event.
- Planning for Sophie’s birthday party.
- An evening at Chessington World of Adventures to preview their “Howl’o’ween” attractions.