We all seem to have settled back into a routine again with Sophie at school during the day, Thomas at home, and me working from home. Hubby’s been going into the office a little more this week but is still home in time for dinner each evening which is nice. I’ve been getting out for walks with Thomas in the mornings and managing to get work done in the afternoons. The to-do list is back to being manageable once again which is such a good feeling!
It’s been nice to be back in a routine again. I think we’re all feeling calmer and happier for it.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 71 – I am grateful that Sophie has enjoyed her first week back at school. She was very pleased to have won the World Book Day best book cover competition at school.
- Day 72 – I am grateful for all the cardboard tubes collected up in my craft cupboard which I’ve used to make seed starter pots for my flower seeds.
- Day 73 – I am grateful for Sophie writing Mother’s Day cards for both her siblings as well as herself – it means a lot to still get a card from Jessica. I don’t find Mother’s Day easy but I’m thankful for the love of my children, for my wonderful mum and my mother-in-law, and for those who have ‘mothered’ me through their love and support over the years.
- Day 74 – I am grateful that the canvas print of my fairytale photo with all three of my children has arrived. Now to find the perfect place to hang it.
- Day 75 – I am grateful for mess-free mark making!
- Day 76 – I am grateful for a lovely afternoon tea which was a slightly late Mother’s Day present. It was very yummy!
- Day 77 – I am grateful for a lovely cake delivery and a doorstep chat with friends from a local church.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Going for a walk with a friend.
- Making Easter egg decorations with Sophie.
- Home-made chicken chow-mein that tasted better than the one from the takeaway!
- Sophie making us a St Patrick’s Day card at school.