We’ve been settling into being back at home this week and re-adjusting to normality once again. Jessica was discharged on Saturday after two and a half weeks in hospital – our shortest surgical stay to date! It has been lovely to be back home as a family again. I’ve been doing some home schooling with Jessica as she’ll be off school until half-term and Sophie has enjoyed being back at preschool and seeing her friends again.
It’s been a bit of a quiet week on the whole. Other than the preschool run, we’ve mostly stayed indoors to give Jessica time to rest and recover. It’s been nice to have a slower pace of life and not feeling the need to rush about here, there and everywhere. We have a post-surgery follow-up appointment at the hospital today which I’m a little anxious about but hopefully it will show that all is well.
Things I have loved this week:
- Surprising everyone at church by turning up to the church parade service with both girls there and in their Girls’ Brigade uniforms the day after Jessica came home from hospital.
- Snuggles on the sofa with Jessica and Sophie.
- Being able to sleep in my own bed again.
- A surprise visit from my mum and sister.
- Having lunch at the church café.
- Catching up on the new series of Inside No. 9.