This week has seen the return of the sunshine and some warmer weather. It’s been good to be able to get the washing out on the line once again and feel like summer has returned. The girls have been enjoying having the paddling pool out again in the garden. While we don’t tend to let rain stop us from getting out and about, we have certainly spent more time outside this week. We need to make the most of this summer weather while it lasts!
We’re still waiting to hear about a date for Jessica’s surgery. I’m beginning to think that this will probably now take place sometime in the Autumn. As a result, I’m starting to think a little ahead again – trying to plan for the start of the new school year and thinking about Jessica’s birthday. We haven’t put any plans in place yet for a birthday party as everything was so uncertain. Her birthday is now less than three weeks away though so we really do need to start organising if she’s going to have a party.
Things I have loved this week:
- Catching up with a friend over several cups of tea and watching our girls having fun together.
- Baking lots of cakes with the fruit picked from my in-laws’ garden.
- Doing a fundraising coffee morning for Little Hearts Matter.
- An afternoon exploring and doing a treasure trail with hubby and our girls.
- Watching the girls racing each other up and down the alleyway next to our garden on their bikes.
- Watching the girls having fun doing footprint and handprint painting in the garden.
- Seeing the sunflowers starting to bloom in the garden.
- Meeting a friend for lunch at the Rural Activities Garden Centre.