Thomas is a very cuddly baby, which is lovely. The downside of this though is that trying to put him down for any length of time can be a challenge. He tends to nap very well in the sling or in my arms, but if I try and put him down for a nap, I’m lucky if he stays asleep for 10 minutes! As much as I love the snuggles, it can be frustrating when I need to get jobs done, especially things that I can’t really do with him in the sling. I’ve been very grateful this week for having my mum come to stay and help out for a few days.
It’s been lovely for Sophie and Thomas to spend time with Nanny too. They got lots of attention and cuddles and I managed to do some of the jobs that I’ve been putting off (like my tax return!). It’s also lovely to have the company during the day. I always enjoy spending time with my mum and she’s been such a wonderful support to hubby and me since Jessica died. She always seems to know when to give us space to grieve and when we just need her to be there. After last week’s rollercoaster ride of emotions, her presence has helped this week to be a much calmer one.
Things that have made me smile this week
- Sophie’s joy at being back at ballet and Girls’ Brigade and seeing her friends again.
- A lovely long walk around Langley Park.
- Binge-watching The Crown with my mum.
- SuperThomas in his Superman Babygro.
- Having two sleeping children cuddled up to me on the sofa.
- The way Thomas looks up at me and pats my face while he feeds.
- Making Thomas laugh.