This week has felt somewhat intense. Emotionally, it’s been a bit of a rollercoaster with joy and sadness very much mixed together at times, especially at Sophie’s Girls’ Brigade awards evening. I made sure I had some much-needed time out this week sitting quietly at Jessica’s forever bed. It helped too that Thomas had a nap in the buggy so I could just focus my attention on spending time talking to Jessica.
I’ve been feeling the pressure too with church responsibilities, especially as my available time to focus on things while Sophie and Thomas are at school and preschool is dwindling away rapidly. There’s a lot going on at the moment and the to-do list has felt overwhelming at times. I’m hoping though that I’ve finally managed to break the back of it and that I can keep things at a much more manageable level over the summer holidays.
Thomas and Sophie have both been unwell this week. Unfortunately for Thomas, it meant missing out on his preschool sports day which I was quite sad about. Another thing that he’s now missed out on doing that his sisters got do to at preschool. Sophie’s off school today as she was unwell in the night so she’s missing out on the Brigades’ barbecue this evening. I’m hoping that hubby and I both manage to avoid getting ill.
Next week looks set to be very intense on the heat front. We’ll be taking things as easy as we can and trying to stay cool indoors as much as possible!
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 189 – I am grateful that Sophie enjoyed the Brigades’ awards evening. Super proud of her for getting her badges for the year along with winning the Explorers marks competition and the attendance trophy. It was also a huge honour to present Jessica’s memorial cup to my lovely goddaughter who was a very deserving winner. Emotional evening all round especially with Sophie being promoted to the Junior section this evening too. Jessica would have been very proud.
- Day 190 – I am grateful for my new tap board. Sophie’s been enjoying practising some of her tap steps out in the garden this evening.
- Day 191 – I am grateful for a lovely afternoon at Sophie’s dance school picnic.
- Day 192 – I am grateful for another year of married life with my husband, the shared memories we have, and his support through all the ups and downs of life.
- Day 193 – I am grateful for fans.
- Day 194 – I am grateful for number toys.
- Day 195 – I am grateful that Sophie was a super-helpful big sister this evening and offered to put Thomas to bed while I was on an evening Zoom meeting as Daddy was also working late this evening.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Helping Thomas make a spoon puppet at Tots Go Wild.
- Sophie practising cartwheels in the garden.
- Sophie winning the tap award at her dance school picnic.
- Going out for a meal with my husband to celebrate our wedding anniversary.