I’ve found it a bit of a struggle to get through this week. Hubby has been working crazy hours again and is now away for the next week. The girls have been quite restless during the night and I’ve seen 3am too many times as a result. I’m tired, my patience levels are low and I’m having to fly solo with it all.
Most of the time I cope fairly well with hubby being away. I’m used to it and I have my normal routines with the girls that are manageable on my own. But it is hard, especially when work gets this busy. In the brief periods when hubby is actually home, it’s mostly just to grab some sleep before having to head out again. The girls don’t really get to anything of him and I’m still mostly having to manage on my own. In some ways it gets a little easier when he does go away. I’m less aware of the crazy hours he has to work, and therefore worry less about it. Plus I sleep a little better when I’m not half-listening for him to come home.
Tough as it is, I know that it will ease off again at some point. I think it’s harder this time because I know what lies at the end of this busy period. I’m aware that November is getting closer and that we will soon get a date for Jessica’s surgery. It leaves me feeling torn – wanting the busy period to end and to have hubby home again, but wanting to hold on to these days too.
Things I have loved this week:
- Catching up with a friend over lunch.
- Going out for a meal to celebrate hubby’s aunt’s 80th birthday.
- Jessica and Sophie dancing around the room while watching Strictly.
- Having some Mummy-Jessica time and enjoying a lovely long walk (for me, at least – Jessica had a nice buggy ride instead!) around Black Park. We also managed to find a couple of geocaches along the way.
- Sophie enjoying dressing-up for two Pirates and Princesses days at preschool.
- Receiving a lovely handmade quilt for Sophie in the post.
I’m a finalist in this year’s BiBs awards in the Inspire category. If you enjoy reading my blog, please consider voting for me. You can vote for me here.