Hubby’s been away working on an event this week so I’ve been flying solo once again. I’ve become used to these periods of time on my own now. I tend to find the build-up to him going away harder than when he is away. The run-up to events is always busy and a little unpredictable – he’s often working until the early hours, which means I sleep badly as I’m half-waiting for him to come home. I tend to relax a little more once he goes away and settle into my own routine with the girls. Plus there’s that little bit more space in the bed if the girls decide they want to join me in the night!
I do miss having that second pair of hands to help out though – especially in the morning rush and during bedtime. It’s always good to have him back home again – and lovely to see the girls’ excitement when there are no more sleeps to count down and Daddy is home again. This time, it’s a brief homecoming as he’s back for the weekend, but away again next week during half-term. On the plus side, we have my mum coming to stay for a few days which should make it easier.
Things I have loved this week:
- Having an afternoon and evening out and catching up with some friends from my midwifery days.
- Jessica’s delight at having her own sketchbook and watching her trying to copy some of my drawings.
- Jessica and Sophie walking hand-in-hand to preschool in the mornings.
- Going on a nature walk with Jessica and Sophie. Jessica did really well with the walk – it was the furthest she’d walked since her surgery and distance-wise was about the limit she could manage pre-Fontan.
- Going to see Jessica’s class assembly so she could see some of her school friends.
Nominations are now open for this year's BiBs awards. If you enjoy reading my blog or find my posts thought-provoking, I'd love a nomination in either the Inspire and/or the Family and Lifestyle categories. You can nominate me by filling in the form here