We’ve been making the most of the ordinary moments this week; enjoying the everyday moments of family life before hubby flies off to Australia on Sunday for a two-week work trip. The run-up to work trips is often a hectic time but this time it hasn’t been quite as crazy as usual. We’ve managed to have a reasonable amount of family time together, with hubby home in time for bedtime most evenings (which doesn’t happen all that often so it’s very nice when it does!)
It makes such a difference when we get a decent chunk of quality family time like this. I’m used to the shift in routines that comes with hubby’s work trips, and the periods of flying solo, but we’re all so much happier for having proper time together. Weeks like these are just what we need to recharge our batteries again so we can get through the busy periods. It’s been good to have another week where life has stayed mostly on an even keel. I’ll be making the most of the next couple of days before the juggling act begins once more!
Things that have made me smile this week
- Going to see my friend performing in a production of ‘The Wind in the Willows’.
- Revisiting old memories with a walk around my old university where hubby and I met more than 21 years ago.
- Watching Sophie having fun making pizza at her friend’s pizza party.
- Going for a walk around West Wycombe Park, planting a snowdrop in memory of Jessica and watching Sophie having fun rolling down a hill “because that’s what Jessica loved doing.”
- Catching up with a friend who lives in France but was over for a brief visit mid-week.
- After-school trips to the park.
- Taking Thomas to the barber for his first proper haircut. He was so good at sitting still even when the clippers came out!
- Watching Sophie and Thomas playing together in the garden.