It’s been nice to be singing regularly again now that rehearsals are underway for the concert that my mother-in-law and I are organising. We’ve been working through the ensemble numbers over the last couple of weeks and are about to start focusing on the small group numbers and solos. I’m looking forward to singing a duet with Sophie as well as my usual duet with my husband.
It is lovely to see that Sophie and Thomas have inherited that love of singing (as did Jessica). Sophie spontaneously broke out into song on our way home from the park the other day, making up a song and dance all about spring (and the fact it was raining that day).
Thomas likes to sing to himself and I can recognise some of the nursery rhymes and songs that we sing regularly. I also love the fact that he will join in with singing ‘Do-Re-Mi’ from The Sound of Music – he’ll sing “do” and I’ll continue with “a deer, a female deer” then he sings “re” and waits for me to sing “a drop of golden sun” and so on all the way through the song. I’m quite impressed at how he always picks the right sound for each line. Another budding musical theatre performer in the making?
Things that have made me smile this week
- Playing board games with Sophie.
- Seeing the Moon and Venus through telescopes at the night sky public observing session.
- Having a spa day with my lovely hubby.
- Sophie getting creative and making a unicorn with paper, tape and coloured ribbon.
- Sophie deciding on a nice simple costume for World Book Day. She dressed up as Princess Luna from ‘The Princess and the Sleep Stealer’.