I’ve enjoyed stepping back from the blog again this week and focusing on spending time with my family which has made for a very enjoyable week. It’s been all about the little moments – wrapping books for the girls’ book advent calendar and then enjoying opening a book each day and sitting reading Christmassy stories together; sitting on the floor and playing with the Little People toys or just letting the girls climb all over me and enjoy the enthusiastic cuddles that they give. To be given big kisses by Sophie and be told “luz you millions and billions” or for Jessica to say that I’m her “favourite Mummy ever!” is the best feeling in the world and it’s been lovely to stop and enjoy those moments without giving in too much to all the other distractions that are always competing for my attention.
We might not have got the decorations up just yet, but we’ve started getting in the mood for the festive season with the first Christmas party of the year and a festive photo shoot for this year’s Christmas card photo (which I’ll be sharing on the blog next week). Hubby thought I was a bit mad trying to take photos in the garden on a very windy Sunday afternoon and I only got a few minutes to get the shots I wanted before the girls objected but it was worth it in the end!
Things I have loved this week:
- Seeing Jessica and Sophie having a wonderful time at the Families of Ocean Ward Christmas party and getting very excited about meeting Father Christmas and Olaf. I love their matching Christmas dresses which were a present from Nanny.
- Catching up with some lovely friends from our university days.
- My poem “We Need A Bit Less Christmas” bemoaning Christmas starting way too early being mentioned in the Britmums Poetry and Prose roundup.
- Getting a little more Christmas shopping done and seeing how fascinated the girls were by all the Christmas lights in town.
- Listening to Jessica singing the Christmas songs she has been learning at preschool.
- Grandma coming back from the RHS Wisley craft fair with some more gorgeous outfits for the girls.
- The lovely comments that my guest post for #coolmumclub: Meet the Members on Mum Muddling Through’s blog has received – reading comments like “visiting the blog always makes me feel like I’m stepping into a warm and loving home” and to be described as “a very giving blogger” really made my day yesterday and reminded me yet again of just how lovely the blogging community is and how lucky I am to be part of it. Thank you all for those lovely words.