Advent is here and the countdown to Christmas has officially begun. Sophie and Thomas have been very excited at getting to have chocolate from their Advent calendars each morning (although Thomas is somewhat unimpressed that he can only open one window each day!) We’ve been enjoying sitting together in the evening and snuggling up with a Christmas story from our Advent book calendar.
Advent is a time of preparation and there has certainly been plenty of that this week! Preparing posters for Christmas services, updating church websites, wrapping presents, writing cards, planning Christmas services… If someone could just magic up a few more hours in the day so I can get everything done, that would be great!
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 330 – I am grateful for immunisations but glad this is the last planned jab for a few years!
- Day 331 – I am grateful for all the wonderful lyrics, music and shows that Stephen Sondheim created.
- Day 332 – I am grateful for a fun games afternoon at church.
- Day 333 – I am grateful for time doing some Christmas crafts with Thomas.
- Day 334 – I am grateful that I’ve finished making all the fabric bags for the Christmas books in time for our book advent to start tomorrow.
- Day 335 – I am grateful for snuggles on the sofa reading Christmas stories together.
- Day 336 – I am grateful for time to play in the snow before school and just enough of it for a teeny-tiny snowman! Sophie has called it Jessica.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Watching Sophie in her end-of-term performance at her drama group.
- Thomas wanting to bring a Christmas book when we visited Jessica’s forever bed. It was one she loved when she was his age.