Show rehearsals are ramping up for me now that we’re less than three weeks away from the opening night of The Drowsy Chaperone. We’re at the point now where I’m starting to come home from rehearsal with costume items and the excitement (and nerves!) is building up as show week gets closer. I’m really looking forward to being back on stage doing a musical again.
Sophie has been busy practising her dances ready for the next dance festival which is only a couple of weeks’ away now. She’s also about to start rehearsals this weekend for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, after she and her friend from her dance school successfully audition last weekend. I’m so glad they both got in. The only downside is that they’ll miss two dance festivals over Easter due to rehearsals but I think they’ll have a lot of fun.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 27 – I am grateful for time to bake.
- Day 28 – I am grateful that Sophie enjoyed seeing her friends performing in the panto and loved getting up on stage to join in the audience participation number.
- Day 29 – I am grateful for curling up in bed with a book at the end of a busy day.
- Day 30 – I am grateful for bedtime.
- Day 31 – I am grateful that Sophie’s audition on Sunday for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was successful. Looking forward to seeing her on stage in this at Easter.
- Day 32 – I am grateful for teachers and all their hard work educating our children and fully support them in their strike today. Sophie and Thomas were off school because of the strike today so we enjoyed bouncing about at Jump In.
- Day 33 – I am grateful for alphabet games.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Thomas doing his best to convince me that Friday was really Saturday and he didn’t have to go to school.
- Having a coffee morning at church for Little Hearts Matter.