Summer is such a great time for getting out and about on adventures and making memories. I love discovering new places to visit, enjoying a rare trip to the beach or just sitting out in the garden with the laptop watching the children play. Sophie’s been gradually working her way through her list of summer activities and ticking them off. I love how many of the things on her list are simple things like getting the paddling pool out, pond dipping, flying a kite or having a teddy bears’ picnic. What fun outdoor adventures have you been enjoying over the summer holidays? I’d love to read any posts you’ve shared about outdoor fun so please do come along and link them up.
About Country Kids
Country Kids is the original outdoor family fun linky designed to:
“Encourage family fun outdoors, in an age where technology and screens are such a draw to a sedentary indoor life”
The linky opens on a Saturday each week and stays open for twelve days, so there’s plenty of time to link up. It’s a great place to share outdoor posts and find inspiration for future outdoor adventures and the Country Kids community is a supportive and welcoming one.
Country Kids 14/08/21
We recently had a week away at Coombe Mill. This was our third stay there but the first time we’ve visited during the summer. The children loved joining in with the feed run each morning and we had a lovely holiday. You can find out more about why we love holidays at Coombe Mill in my linked post.
Guidelines for joining in:
- Post must be predominantly outdoors such as in the garden, the park, the woods or the beach with crafting, learning, exploring or playing.
- Both countryside and urban outdoor adventures are welcome.
- Unheated covered areas like a barn or tent count as outdoors.
- Please comment on the host posts and a minimum of 2 others of your choice.
- If you use #CountryKids when commenting the post owner will know where you found them and hopefully come back to visit your post.
- Please add the badge so that others know where they can link up.
- Old and new posts are welcome.
- The linky opens at 00:00 on Saturday 14 August and closes at 00:00 on Thursday 26 August.
Country Kids Communities
Posts linked up each fortnight will be pinned on the Country Kids Pinterest board.
If you are sharing outdoor fun on Instagram, you can follow me here and join in with Country Kids using the hashtag #CountryKidsFun. Here are my favourites from the last couple of weeks.
View this post on Instagram
If you would like to receive fortnightly reminders for Country Kids, you can subscribe to the mailing list using the form below. You can opt-out any time.
This week’s linky can be accessed below. If you are unable to see it below, please click here to access the linky directly.