I am blessed to be a mummy to two beautiful little girls – my little heart warrior Jessica who was born with a condition called hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS) and my heart-healthy baby girl Sophie. You can read more about Jessica’s heart condition and the surgery she has undergone here.
As a heart mummy, I am very passionate about raising awareness of congenital heart defects (CHD) in order to help improve early detection of these and therefore improve outcomes. Since we started our journey as a heart family, we have become part of a community of other heart families and hearing stories from other families has helped us hugely on our journey. I hope that by sharing our story, we can also give hope and encouragement to other families who are on a similar journey and as part of this, I also run a monthly linky called ‘Heart to heart’ where other families can share their stories too.
You can read more about our journey as a heart family on the following posts:
- Share your story – sharing how our faith helped us in our journey
- Being a heart dad – my hubby’s reflection on his journey as a heart dad
- In Pursuit of a Miracle – the story of how Jessica was offered life-saving and pioneering in-utero surgery
- Three years on – reflections on our heart journey looking back
- The truth about… the 20 week scan – how early detection at the 20 week scan helped save Jessica’s life.