Sophie and I have been inspired by nature with our crafting over the last few weeks. These simple egg box flowers are easy for preschoolers to make with a little adult help to cut out the egg box and flower shapes.
You will need:
- An egg box
- Craft foam
- Green tissue paper
- A pencil
- Sticky tape
- Sticky foam pads or glue
1) Cut out each individual egg cup from the egg box and trim to a flower shape. If your egg box has pointy bits in the middle, you can also cut these out and use them to make your flowers.
2) Paint the egg cups in different colours and leave to dry.
3) Draw a flower shape on a piece of craft foam and cut out.
4) Stick the painted egg cups to the middle of each flower shape using glue or sticky foam pads.
5) Wrap green tissue paper around a straw and secure with sticky tape.
6) Stick the tissue paper-covered straw to the back of the flower using sticky tape.
We made several different flowers in a variety of colours. The egg cup pieces worked well with rounded petals. We decided to go for more pointy-shaped petals for the flowers where we used the pointy pieces from the egg box. Our flower stems didn’t have leaves but you could also cut out leaves from craft foam and add them to the tissue paper-covered straws.