It’s crazy how quickly the weeks go by now that we are in a routine of school and preschool. Once we get home from the school run, the afternoon whizzes by in a blur of busyness – reading, doing the weekly home learning book activity, getting dinner ready and the girls fed and then before I know it it’s time for bath and bed. Weekends are a little more leisurely but still fly by too fast for my liking!
While I can’t quite believe that we are midway through March already, it is lovely that the weather is getting warmer, the days are getting longer and there are signs of Spring everywhere. We’re starting to shed the winter coats and enjoy trips to the park after school. Making the most of the time when Jessica and Sophie are together.
These days, most of my photos of my girls together seem to be of the backs of their heads as they head off on an adventure together or focus on small world imaginative play. Trying to get them to both look at the camera and get my siblings shots each month requires a little more effort – and as soon as one looks at the camera, the other will invariably look away! Thank goodness for digital cameras and being able to take several shots in the hope that maybe one of them will be a good one!
Jessica (5 years 6 months)
- Has been gaining weight well and has now been discharged from the dietitian.
- Had her cardiac check-up and all was well – the plan is still to try and get her to 18kg before her next surgery takes place. If she continues along her current centile, she’ll reach it this time next year.
- Enjoyed dressing up as a cat for World Book Day.
- Received an award of the week at school for always taking turns.
- Had a lovely time visiting the animal park on her Girls’ Brigade outing. I enjoyed getting to come along and have some one-to-one time too!
Sophie (3 years 4 months)
- Is making friends at preschool and thoroughly enjoying herself.
- Has gained a new wardrobe as Jessica’s recently outgrown clothes have been moved into Sophie’s. Despite getting lots of new outfits, Jessica isn’t too keen on Sophie wearing what she still sees as being her clothes!
- Enjoyed having one-to-one time with Daddy while Jessica was on her Girls’ Brigade outing.
- Is getting very confident in the swimming pool and loves splashing and trying to swim whilst wearing her Puddle Jumper.
- Loves small world play and making up stories with her toys.