The girls have been on half-term this week and I have enjoyed us all being together again this week. I’ve settled in to the routine of school and preschool now. The little window of time I have to myself in a normal school week is wonderful, but I do miss having both my girls at home all day. It’s been lovely to step out of our usual routine and just have fun together. To be able to have a leisurely morning, head out on an adventure during the day, or have a whole afternoon just to sit and do some “making” is utterly blissful. We’ve been able to go and spend a couple of days visiting family and life generally has felt more relaxed. The only downside is that my nieces don’t have their half-term until next week so the girls only managed to have an evening together – still, that’s better that not being able to spend time together at all!
Things I have loved this week:
- The big smile on Sophie’s face all the way through her ballet class.
- Baking cakes with Jessica and Sophie so Jessica could take cakes to church for all her Girls’ Brigade friends.
- Going for a walk around Ankerwyke with Grandma and seeing all the snowdrops.
- Having a sleepover at Auntie Loraynne’s.
- Getting a beautiful bouquet of flowers from hubby for Valentine’s Day (the girls were a little confused and wondered if it was Mummy’s birthday!)
- Starting some nature notebooks with Jessica and Sophie and having fun sticking leaves and creating nature collages whilst out for a walk.
- Seeing how much Jessica and Sophie have enjoyed having more time together over half-term.